Monday, September 15, 2008

The Fun Filled Weekend and going to Hell

I am so mad!! I totally forget my camera this whole weekend! Which means no one is going to want to read this blog. But whatever. I had fun!

So on Friday was our single wards R.S. enrichment night. They decided they were going to do a Girls Camp theme and have a sleepover, food, crafts, and whatever else. I told Caleb earlier that week that he needed to make me go when Friday came around, because more than likely I would've decided I wasn't going to go. Which was the case. But He still kept pushing me to go. We came to the agreement that I would go for and HOUR and he would call me at 8:00pm and ask if I wanted to go home? That way if I did, I just had to say Yes (making it sound like a positive remark on my end) haha. Anyway, He did call at 8pm but I told him NO!! I was having a lot of fun getting to know the girls. Of course by that point nothing had really started...so of course after I hung up with him things just dragged a long. BUT not for long!! I let my real self out and boy did we all have a blast!! We played murder in the dark, seek and hide, and even sang songs while letting the Sh** word slip every now and then when I got scared!! Haha!! It was one of the best nights I have had in a long time!! They even got pictures of me dressing up in the girls bars!! haha.. They say they will post them on the Bishops wall!! Wonderful!! Just Wonderful!! :0)

Saturday was another good day. Caleb had told me about his Hinton Burdick outing for a while now. I thought it was just another one of those boring dinners where you had to dress and act like you knew everyone or cared to meet them. Come to find out Saturday morning it was a swimming BBQ down in St. George!! Awesome!! I love Swim parks and I thought for sure Daisy would love it now that she can walk and actually enjoy the kids pool area!! Which she did!! (I am still so mad I didn't have my camera!!) Caleb and I took turns on the big slide and because we were their after closing hours, we were able to get away with Daisy not having to wear a life jacket!! It was just lots of fun and I totally would go back again!! Not to mention the whole thing was free other than the gas to get down there!! I'm tellin' ya...we need more breaks like this!!

As for Sunday it was a Holiday!! Yep Stake Conference! I told that to Caleb Saturday night that we would be missing church because it was stake Conference and he said, "what?" I told him that growing up Dad always said it was a holiday. Yep! Stake conference, ward conference, and General conference. But of course Caleb came up with some kind of spiritual comment about the importance of them all and not taking the sacrament. I only laughed which I am sure means I will be going to Hell. But what do ya do. It was a great weekend and didn't want to deal with Daisy at church.

Sorry no pictures for such a long blog.

7 comments:

Andrea Marie said...

Aw, fun stuff! (yep, I read your blog even without pictures!)
I have been making myself go to R.S. stuff, too and trying to be friends with the people up here and it usually turns out to be a good time! Good job for going and staying all night!

Liz Prisbrey said...

Yay, I am so proud of you!! You went to an activity and loved it!! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. And yes, I did wish there were pictures. But, now you know to plan your blogs...hahahahah.... Just kidding! :-)

Potters said...

I miss you too. Man I really don't know when we are going to come to Cedar next. Jordan's family is up here a lot (almost every weekend) so we don't see a reason to go down and pay for gas. We will by the end of the year though for sure. We are thinking mid-October. Sounds like a fun weekend :)

Kellie and Stephen said...

Singles activities, bet that's something you thought you were done with but it sounds like you had a great time. Swimming is always fun - wish you had some pictures though.

Erin said...

So glad you had a gread time...all the while corrupting all those girlies with the s-word. Don't worry--it happens to the best of us. And you made me smile by talking about stake conference being a holiday. You're not the only one who thinks of it that way. But just wait...as your kids get older the guilt will get to you & you won't be able to get away with the holiday argument anymore!

Jessi McCall said...

Sounds like you had an enjoyable weekend! I loved reading about it!

Ashley W. said...

hey dianey! it's good to see you guys are doing well! miss ya