Monday, September 21, 2009

Violet LaRee Rees 09-11-09

On Friday, September 11th I went to school ready for our 2nd grade Western Round Up. Each teacher was in charge of their own activity that related to the Western theme. One sang songs, another served breakfast, and one brought in horses for the kids to touch. My teacher was in charge of Western dancing. Yep dancing. Teaching 4 different groups of students how to line dance and lucky me....I got to help. :0)

When I returned home I was so tired and ready to take a nap. But I knew it was Friday night and probably mine and Caleb's last Friday night to just go out and play before we had another kid on our hands. So instead of taking a nap we called up our friends to go out to eat with them. The plan was to eat at the pizza factory. We left our house at 6pm. Got to the pizza factory at about 6:15pm and then were called back to our seat at 6:30pm. Daisy was upset so I was carrying her to the table. Our friends where ahead of us and Caleb was ahead of me. Just before turning the corner back by the salad bar to sit at our table I caught myself grabbing Caleb's arm and saying "s**t." Caleb looked at me like what was wrong, I then told him I think my water just broke. All he could say was "what? Where?" (I am guessing he thought I brought in a water bottle or something and just dropped it? Who knows.)

When he finally realized what I was talking about and I was backing out of the pizza factory, he ran to tell our friends sorry. I was shaking really bad by the time we got to the truck. I had no idea anything like this could happen to me. I mean you always hear stories but...man I just didn't know what to do. I just felt like I was peeing my pants. No pain, nothing. Just scared I guess. I was so scared I was just standing outside my truck wondering what I could sit on because I didn't want to ruin my seats. (haha) I then saw the sunshade and sat on that. :0)

Daisy of course was screaming in the car because she didn't get to eat and Caleb and I were both out of it. So the first person I called was Caleb's brother Jason. (Poor guy was just heading out on a date with his wife) But he still ran to the hospital to pick up Daisy. He and his wife also ran back to our house and got us whatever they thought one would need at the hospital. (I never did pack a hospital bag...I guess I just didn't think I would need it) haha.

I then called Caleb's mom and told her meet us at the hospital...she was on her way back into town. Called my mom and left her a message, then tried the house and told her to hurry up!
We were are the hospital and hooked up by 7:00pm. I was at a 4+ and my contractions began. I had no medicine, but I did learn something really quick. Every time I had a contraction I had Caleb press on my shoulders and remind me to breathe and relax. By the time his mom came I had her pressing on me too. Soon I had the nurse pressing down on me. It felt sooooo good. I don't know why but I guess them pressing down on my side (tummy, butt, and thigh) took my mind off the contractions and put it on the pressure. Oh it was wonderful.
Before I knew it I was ready to push. 4 hours later at 10:33pm I was told "it's a girl!"
We called my mom to tell her we had the baby and found out she was in the lobby. Her and my dad showed up just in time for the exciting stuff.

As I was holding our baby girl we were getting ready for the after birth. Come to find out, an hour later we were still waiting for it. My placenta was stuck to my uterus AGAIN. But because I was not on PIC and I was contracting on my own, it didn't come inside out, but instead it was coming out in pieces. I was losing lots of blood while we waited for the guy who can give me stronger drugs to knock me out so the doctor could clean me out.

The man finally came and and gave me a shot that knocked me out, then before they were done stitching me up, he gave me a shot that brought me back (quicker than they wanted), so I got another shot to knock me out again, and then back again. (Crazy huh!?) I was so out of it that half of the pictures my dad took at the hospital I don't even remember and that is why I look like what my sister Liz calls "death."

They tried to move me into the next room when I started to come around. But that of course was no good. I had a low blood count/pressure that I kept passing out on them and eventually they had to keep me in that room. By the next day I was around enough to understand what was finally going on. Caleb gave me all the details that I didn't remember like getting mad and saying things that upset my mom but I don't remember any of it.

I guess one of them was my dad was asking me if I wanted him to text anyone about the baby. I said "Liz" and my mom said "well what about the rest of your brother and sisters?" and I said "screw them!" HAHAHA. I don't remember that at all but it would've been funny to watch. I was so drugged!

Anyway, we had lots of visitors and were finally able to get out of the hospital on Sunday with a little begging on my part to my doctor. I still had a low blood count and he was worried for me, but I just hate hospitals and I wanted to go home. So he let me go only because I told him I would say whatever he wanted to hear. :) I was in bed for a whole week with my mom waiting on me hand and foot. She was so wonderful to have here. It really helped my healing. Sadly she left on Thursday but not before she had me call my mentor and supervisor teachers to ask them for another week off to finish healing and getting my light-headedness together.

It's was hard when my mom left, with me still weak and Daisy wanting to play, Violet needing me, and Caleb back at work, but thankfully we have Caleb's brother Jason who has been taking Daisy during the days so I could continue to rest. But no worries it is still a struggle at nights when Daisy wants nothing to do with Violet and just wants Caleb and I all to herself. She does have her moments when she loves Violet though. :)

5 comments:

Ashley and Daniel Tanner said...

Man...can't get a break in the birthing department.

Andrea Marie said...

Crazy! I'm glad that you and Violet are safe and healthy!

A Momma said...

Congratulations on the baby. You are a tough lady doing it without drugs! Hope you guys are all doing well.

web hosting server said...

Congrats for your baby !! Thank god you have done all with out...great and you are really a tough lady !! webhosting

Anonymous said...

金瓶梅视讯 , 金瓶梅视讯 , 金瓶梅视讯 , 金瓶梅视讯 , 金瓶梅视讯 , 金瓶梅视讯 , 金瓶梅视讯 , 金瓶梅视讯 , 金瓶梅视讯 , 金瓶梅视讯