Friday, November 14, 2008

Studying HARD...Test Tomorrow!


I take my PRAXIS Test tomorrow morning at 7:30am for two hours! I am tested on Math, Reading, Social Studies, and Science. Pretty much everything you learned from K-6th Grade! I have been studying every day for the last month. Today I am trying to learn/remember the last couple of things I 'think' I should know. My HEAD is hurting like CRAZY!!! I just really don't want to have to take this test again nor do we have the money for me to take it again!! Just wish me luck!! I should get my results back in a month or so. If I pass you will hear from me.. if not..... then I will be sad and will take it again. :0( But honestly, I really think I have done my part in studying, still getting my homework done, taking care/spending time with Daisy, and still spending time with the family. So, I guess I just leave the rest to the Lord and if I pass then I pass. SO WISH ME LUCK!!


Here are just some study questions I thought you might like to try or see if you remember being taught them.....


1. Reading: "It took the young child a long time to lick the mile-high ice-cream cone."

a. a simile

b. personification

c. hyperbole

d. an oxymoron


2. While working on a writing assignment, a student asks a peer to listen to her reading of the rough draft and to offer suggestions for clarifying, expanding, or condensing parts of the draft.--The student is engaged in which stage of the writing process?

a. proofreading

b. outlining

c. revising

d. publishing


3. Math: The Statue of Liberty casts a shadow 37 meters long at the same time that a vertical 5-meter pole nearby casts a shadow that is 2 meters long. The height, in meters, of the Statue of Libertiy is within which of the following ranges?

a. 115m to 120m

b. 105m to 110m

c. 90m to 95m

d. 60m to 65m


4. In a certain year, 5 percent of the 2,800 employees of a company had a perfect attendance record. Which of the following computations can be used to determine the number of employees with a perfect attendence record?

a. 1/40 x 2,800

b. 1/20 x 2,800

c. 1/5 x 2,800

d. 5 x 2,800


5. Social Studies/History: what major geographic feature is North America seperates the rivers and streams that flow toward the Pacific Ocean from those that flow toward the Atlantic Ocean?

a. Appalachians Mountains

b. Continental Divide

c. Great Plains.

d. San Andreas Fault


6. During the twentieth century, urbanization and technological advances led to which of the following changes in farming in the U.S.?

a. more farms and more farmers

b. more farms and fewer farmers

c. fewer farms and more farmers

d. fewer farms and fewer farmers


7. Science: which of the following does NOT describe a chemical change?

a. silver tarnishing when exposed to air

b. ice melting when heated

c. lemon juice turning brown when heated

d. iodine solution becoming purple in the presence of starch


8.Which of the following laboratory instruments would be most appropriate to use in determining the volume of a large block of wood of unknown density?

a. a metric ruler

b. a triple-beam balance

c. a 200mL volumetric flask

d. A micrometer


Now try and remember all of the major oceans, sea, lakes, mountain ranges, Continents (in order from largest to smallest), famous people, wars, all presidents, plus everything from science from animals kingdoms to cells, to who the heck knows what! This is a test that you don't know what to study for and so you end up studying EVERYTHING!


ANYWAY....Let me know how you did on your test!!


1.c

2.c

3.c

4.b

5.b

6.d

7.b

8.a

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I take the Praxis tomorrow morning, too. Only this one is for Educational Leadership (school principal).

Liz Prisbrey said...

Glad I'm not doing it!! But I did take your little test on Jess and I think he did pretty good. He only missed 3.

Good luck tomorrow!! :-)