Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Little Baby's Growing Up... :0(

Next Spring Caleb and I will be going on a trip with my parents. To get ready for that get away ALONE …we have been told that we need to work on leaving Daisy with others more often and over night. That way she can get use to being okay with us not around. So this last weekend while in Vegas visiting my family my older sister Liz decided she would take Daisy for the night. It was already late that night so she said it would be easy. So as her and others were pushing me to run upstairs and hurry and pack Daisy's bag… I couldn’t help but think… Nice! No Daisy during church tomorrow!… I now I am a terrible Mom but come on… it would be nice to actually listen to a lesson again. :0) When I finally got down stairs with Daisy’s bag in hand Caleb had already had her car seat loaded. Wow! Liz was really willing to take her… Scaaary! HEY! Not because I didn’t trust Liz, just because I have never ever had a night away from my sweet little girl. I know she's almost a year and the poor girl has never had a night away from her Mommy!

As we closed the van door and said our goodbyes I started feeling all sad. LUCKILY Liz’s husband Jess decided to peel-out when they took off! That made me laugh…a little. Ha :0)
You would think that not having a kid for the night we would go out and do something fun… but nope not us boring kids. We just got some Taco Bell and sat and watched a movie while being attacked by ants. We also went to bed early and didn’t wake up once during the night!! Yes!!

As soon as church was over the next day we hurried to pack our things, eat a huge turkey lunch and then head out to pick up our baby!!! Yay!!! Caleb and I were even fighting over who got to hold her first!!! …I WON!! Yes.!!!

Here are a few pictures I stole from Liz to show off Daisy’s first sleepover with her cousin Clair:




Isn’t she just the CUTEST!! Ohhh how I missed her SO MUCH!!

I Love my Sweet Baby Daisy!!! Thanks again Liz and Jess!!!

6 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

Ha ha, I heard you bust up laughing when Jess skidded of like that! Then we see Caleb running after the van trying to wave us down. Good fun!! Daisy did great and we loved having her. But mostly, this time is for you and Caleb to prepare to be away from HER. It's amazing how much harder it is on us then on them. Cute pics by the way, who on earth took them?! :0)

Kellie and Stephen said...

Liz is right. Ryker only stayed away from us for one night before we left him for the entire week and he could have cared less that we were gone! He had so much fun with his grandparents and cousins he stayed with.

Andrea Marie said...

So cute! Daisy is so adorable. I can't wait to be a mom, too! It looks like Daisy had a fun first sleepover! Where are you going on vacation next spring?

Jessi McCall said...

ohhh diane, I feel your pain. I didn't leave Phoenix over night until she was 16 months old!! Bobby was not the one worried about it, It was all me! But, now I'm all good with it! I hope you have a good report to give me after your trip so I can get the courage to actually go on a "baby free" vacation! Where are you going? :)

Caleb and Diane said...

We are going with my parents to Disneyworld!!! How Fun Right!!!?

Unknown said...

Daisy is almost 1. O my goodness. It feels like yesterday i got the text saying that she was born. I was so excited. I don't know when we will come down to visit. His family has been coming up here almost every weekend so we just haven't come down. We will probably be down there in September sometime though. Man I miss you guys too. I can't wait to see you. I'll let you know when we are coming down. If you come up here we have to hang out and go to Spoon Me. Love ya :)