Friday, July 25, 2008

I Promise... I will TRY my Hardest!!

A couple of weeks ago Caleb got a call from a state president. However, this particular state president is not in our state. When we figured that out, I just knew Caleb was going to get a calling. But what? …Well, he got called to be the 2nd counseler of the Singles 22nd Ward!! Yep that’s it! I know how exciting …right!? …..But wait! That means the Singles ward is our NEW ward. Awww!! Darn it!! I really liked our married ward too!!

Okay so here was our thought process:
Because I had a calling in our married ward (and I liked/loooooved it) I was going to stay and attend ‘that’ ward. That way we could still have friends that were in our same situation (married with kids). Caleb would then attend the singles ward and every now and then we would go to each other’s wards. Haha. However, I also wanted to attend the ‘other’ ward to be there for Caleb and to be the ‘happily-married-with kid’ example ‘they’ (state president/bishop) wanted/wants us to be.

ANYWAY… the whole thing was really complicating for me. Both bishops’s kept asking me what my plan was and what I wanted to do. Whether I wanted to keep my calling in my old ward or get released and get a calling in the new ward to get more involved with the singles. ---This is about the time I turned to my ‘All Knowing Mommy.’ Before I even finished telling her my situation she said, “Diane, at least Caleb has a time limit (one year). Think of the women whose husbands are called to be prophets. Right now you need to make sacrifices for him and stand by him and be an example. Plus, you don’t want to be a single sister going to a married ward.”---With that said. I called my home bishop and let him know I was going to be supporting Caleb and going with him. To my surprise my bishop quickly said, “GOOD! That’s where you NEED to be! This is not just Caleb’s calling…it’s both of yours. You guys need to be examples to those singles and show them how much fun it is to be married. Don’t be afraid to be all lovey-dovey and make sure you kiss often, hold hands, and hug every chance you get!”---Now with THAT said… I am really going to try my hardest to be positive about this. And even though I am going to lose my calling and totally miss my ward AND be the only one probably in the whole singles building with a screaming kid…Suuuure I will be happy and always keep a smile on my face! …haha.. Oh gosh… wish me luck!! I really am going to try. I promise! We just better have some cool singles in our ward, That’s all I have to say!

11 comments:

Andrea Marie said...

Awesome!! Congrats, Caleb! That's good that you will be going to the single's ward. You will have tons of baby-hungry girls that will want to hold Daisy for you! haha That's a good things and kind of an annoying thing too! Good luck! I'm proud of you two!!

Liz Prisbrey said...

LOL!! Haha, Diane TRY to be lovey-dovey. You're the one I have to convince not to be all mushy around me! If that is your one of your callings, then you have it MASTERED! I am very proud of you two though. You are a great example to your big sister. I think it will mean more to you to be with Caleb.

Tiffany said...

WOW! Caleb is going to be so great, and your amazing. Everyone will LOVE you Both and Daisy. What good advice from you mom. She ALWAYS knows exactly the right thing to say. Funny how later in life we realize how wise are moms are, and that maybe we should have listened to them more as teenagers.

I hardly recognized Daisy in her car seat pictures. She is losing some of the baby look and looking more like a little girl.

I didn’t know ANY of those things about you in your Tag. I do admire you so much for going to college. I have always wished that I would have gotten some sort of education earlier in my life. I would like to go to hair school one day.

I promise I will get my tag done it just might be awhile.

Jennifer said...

That is so funny. Diane. Caleb will be awsome and so will you. It will probably nicer to be there with caleb and not being on your one. Hope you guys have fun. Good luck.

phbalanced said...

wow little sheila!! thats cool that you guys have state presidents in utah!! :) we only have stake presidents here in vegas. I had to make up my own username because kellie wouldnt let me leave comments under her name. she thinks i would tease my sisters too much and she doesnt want to be a part of it. arent you worried about caleb with all those single women?? :)

Jessi McCall said...

Well, I'm certainly no expert, but one plus about you attending the singles ward is that all those single girls will want to hold and help with Daisy. People who are married with kids of their own already have their hands full. :)

Jenny said...

We are sad you are leaving us, but it will be less stressful to be in one ward! We love you!

Christie said...

You won't be the ONLY one! I'll be there too! Don't you worry. We'll have to visit in the hall when our babies are being rambunctious! Congrats you guys and good luck as well! We can be singles married together! ..yeah that didn't really make sense

Unknown said...

Congrats! We will miss you guys...but...hopefully you will be in the ward when he is done! Tell Caleb thanks for being a great home teacher!

Jaelyn
Come by our blog at www.thelovellclan.blogspot.com

Jenny Ham said...

My son will be in a singles ward when he gets there in the fall. I wonder if he'll be in Caleb's ward?

Tom and Heather said...

You can do it! That's really cool for Caleb and he'll love you being there for him. Plus, Daisy's going to be super spoiled with all of those baby-happy single girls around!