Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The BESTEST Holiday EVER!!

I can't even begin to tell people how much I love the 4th of July! It is my favorite holiday and has been ever since I can remember! I love the fireworks, I love how everyone everywhere you go is wearing red, white, or blue (even if they don't mean too). Most of all everyone is so nice!! It's the one time of the year where people aren't pushing you around in stores saying they had that first, like Christmas. And, everyone is outside putting on BBQ's, playing in pools, going to parades, going to parks to throw a ball around, setting off fireworks, and just flat out eating all day and enjoying the weather! I tell ya it's the best!! Waaaay better than Christmas!!

This year so far has been my favorite!! I have always loved going to my older sisters Debbie park where the fireworks are pretty much landing right on your head. But those 4th of July's have always started when the day is pretty much over. However, NOT this year!! This year Liz and Stephen and their families were both in town. We even started the day out nice and early! First we ate breakfast along with lots of pictures, then we headed to the Main Street Parade, also with lots of pictures. At the parade it was nice to see everyone with their hands over their hearts when the flag came down the street! (I'm telling you!! What a holiday!! No one needed to tell anyone to do it. We just did it on our own and out of respect for our country!) We then play at the park where Caleb and Jess had a rock climbing race. Of course...Jess own. Sorry Caleb. :0( We then headed back to our nice cold house where we served everyone ice cream and played Wii. Liz's kids tried out our new pool... but Mason said, "Man, that pools COLD!" Stephen and Kellie headed to a birthday party, Liz and Jess headed to a BBQ, while Caleb and I went to meet his family at the park for our BBQ. We met up later that night to watch fireworks at the airport. We brought sparklers for the kids until the fireworks started. Caleb played his only patriotic song over and over out of his car while the fireworks went off, just so I could fully enjoy my favorite Holiday!! When we left the firework show there was a ton of traffic like any show. But, once again because of this one day of the year we didn't need any cops telling us to take turns so that traffic could move smoothly!! It's that awesome!?

When we got home we were all so tired that we decided to wait until the next night to set off all of our own fireworks. That too was cool! I lite the first one, not realizing it was a large flashing light that blind us all. (Wait, I think I lite two at once! Scary!!) After my freak out, I let Caleb and Jess take over!! They had tons of fun trying to get the lighters to work and put together a good show for the rest of us. They didn't let us down when they raced together to light five fireworks at the end just so we could have a great finale!!

Once again!! The 4th of July is the bestEST bestEST holiday ever!!!! Yay!! I hope next year is even better!!! Maybe Liz and Jess will come again? Along with more family so we can have even more fun and our own BBQ with swimming!!!


5 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

You know what, you are so right! I think I will probably appreciate the holiday a lot more now. Especially if we start our own little tradition. It's on! Great job with the video!

Liz Prisbrey said...

You're doing GREAT at the blogging! I love reading your posts! I told you, some people are just rude. They like to listen in on a conversation and then pretend they didn't. Anyway, on Robyn's blog you need to put in your name and e-mail address because she is not with blogspot. Oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Stewart today!!!

Andrea Marie said...

Aw, cute blog! I'm so glad you started one of these so we can stay updated a lot better since we aren't good phone people! ;)
I'm glad you had a good 4th of July! I always think of you when this holiday comes up because I know it's your favorite!!

Erin said...

What cute pictures! It's good you're so excited about the 4th--too many people don't even care about it. I'm thinking we might get to see you sometime this next week (me & my kids). I'll call you soon!

Katie said...

Im so glad I found your blog, I love to see how you are doing. Your baby girl is so adorable! I hope I can see you soon now that I am closer. I miss you!