Friday, July 25, 2008

I've Been Tagged!...

My best friend, Andrea tagged me to share 10 interesting things about myself. Umm…So I guess here are some I came up with…

1.I enjoy watching movies with my husband, Caleb. We watch at least one day, along with a large bowl of ice cream, cereal, or homemade popcorn. My favorite movies are action with a touch of comedy. Right now my favorite is Hancock.
2.I have always wanted to be in a play. I have only had 4 theater classes and I enjoyed them all every much. Two of my teachers have asked how long I have been in theater. Many times when I tell them, they are shocked. I love to be in character and on stage and show my fellow classmates that I am not just the shy girl in the back row. It’s really funny because I love ‘yelling’ roles. Most of my classmates don’t know I yelled with my sisters growing up on a daily basis. :0)
3.Although I love being on stage and in character, I HATE to give TALKS! I rather be in a play or teach a lesson than give a talk. I think teaching lessons are much easier than just talking for 10 minutes straight. I like feed back during my lessons and I love to tell stories and hear stories that relate to the topic!
4.I begged my mom to let me take piano lessons when I was in the 4th grade. I loved to practice and still do. Although for having piano lessons from the 4th grade to my senior year of high school I am still not as good as I should be. I have my two favorite keys that I like to play in and that is about all I can play, only because I won’t practice the other keys. :0/ My bad…
5.I have always loved the game volleyball since I can remember. I use to always watch my brothers and sisters play. So when I was in high school I also played. I loved it until my teammates were stupid and always blamed their mistakes on anyone else that was around them. Anyway… it’s a long story but I still love to play, IF it’s with people who actually play just for fun and don’t point out every mistake others make. ‘Cause I promise they probably already know they made the mistake before someone else decides to tell them.
6.I have always loved to sing but never had voice lessons so I don’t think I am that great. But I really do enjoy it and I love to hear how pieces come together in the end. However, I usually act like I don’t care to sing or like to sing when my sisters ask me to because I know that singing is more of their known talents than mine.
7.People often ask me how many kids I want to have. I use to say my relief society answer, which was “as many as the Lord will bless me with.” But when Caleb and I were dating he told me he wanted to have 8. I quickly said “heck no!” But honestly since I have had Daisy and enjoy the stages of her life so much I really do want 8! I know! I am crazy!! But I love having a big family and I think she will when she is older too!!
8.When I was in elementary I was in special Ed classes because I couldn’t read or spell. I had an IEP up until I was in high school. I never used it because I didn’t want my friends to know I was different. In elementary I use to get D’s and F’s but when we moved to our new house Dad told all of us that we needed to get better grades. So I took the challenge and did. I also took it upon myself to read 5-6th grade books at night to help improve my reading. I also worked on my reading by IM-ing my friends. I didn’t realize it at the time but now I see that it also helped with my spelling.
9.Up until my junior year of high school I didn’t think any of my brothers or sisters went to college. I guess I thought that because my parents didn’t talk much about it. It was my brother Eric who I was working for at the time that laughed at me and told me I was wrong! That’s when he and my sister-in-law Kellie both pushed me to hurry and sign up for college. Thanks to both of them for helping me see the light and getting me started!!
10.During my special ed-retard days I remember my teacher in 4th grade teaching my class about fractions. I remember running out of the classroom crying because I didn’t understand why we were talking about pies and pizzas during our math time. I just didn’t get it. When I worked for Eric he had said something like “Yeah Diane, like 2/3’s of the time.” He quickly saw the look I gave him that I didn’t understand what 2/3’s was. He laughed while yelling at our other brother Kevin to come and hear… “Haha. Kevin, Diane is in her senior year of high school and doesn’t understand fractions!” They both laughed for a bit throwing out all different fractions to see if I knew what they meant. I didn’t of course and almost began to cry. That was when Eric sat down and started teaching me my fractions. He also taught me how to quickly add numbers in my head. Thanks to Eric I looove fractions and I feel so smart when I use them to explain how much of something is left!!

Well… I guess these are my interesting facts about myself. I could’ve just said stuff like anything Disney and I am a very big freak in cleaning and organizing…. But I figured these were more interesting facts about myself that many people are sometimes shocked to hear.
**I would like to TAG and hear more interesting facts about Robin, Erin, Tiffany, Kellie, Liz and anyone else who would like to dish it out. :0)

4 comments:

Kellie and Stephen said...

Your are soo welcome for getting pushed into college! I told you SUU was the best place ever. I guess it worked out well since that's where you met Caleb - even if you two are crazy enough to STILL want 8 kids after having one!! :)

Andrea Marie said...

Aw, I'm so glad you did this! I was so proud of you when you decided to go to college! Yay! I can definitely see you having 8 kids. That gives us a better chance at having some of our kids be the same ages!

Jessi McCall said...

I admire your honesty in talking about your struggles with learning. Everyone should be that HONEST! I know a ton of people who are really "good at math" and things like that, but they haven't accomplished half as much as you have. Be proud of yourself for going to college while building your family. And remember, "knowledge without ambition is like a bird without wings"! Love ya!!!

Liz Prisbrey said...

Way to go Diane!! Inspire while you share! I loved reading all of that! I will do the tag in a couple of days. I just got back in town.