Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Story of our life...

This last weekend was very busy. So many things to do…

Thursday morning I helped my ‘buddy’ Jamie out by watching her daughter Addie for a few hours while she went home and packed up more boxes for her move. :0(I know I am so sad!! This is the weekend that she leaves me!!! Aww… I’m going to cry… BUT, anyway while I watched the kids I of course had to take lots of pictures for my BLOG!!! Daisy of course showed off her new banana chairs and showed Addie how she has learned to smile when the little sliver camera comes out…. Haha… isn’t she cute?



So Addie thought she would smile too…. “Cheese!”



After a while and getting bored with the banana chairs they moved on to Daisy toys. I was lucky to get a picture of both of them smiling when really they were fighting over the little car…. But hey, who needs to know they are nothing but cute, sweet little girls? Right?




Friday Caleb went over around 7:30 in the morning to help Jamie and her husband Tyler carry boxes up and down stairs to help them with their move. He helped them until noon and then was so tired he decided to stay home from work to play with me! Yes!! I was excited!! …. Of course when Caleb and I were in our room making the bed we heard Daisy screaming from her room. Of course we knew exactly what kind of scream it was…. (Daisy has this thing where she thinks that if her eyes can see threw small spaces… she can fit threw them…. getting her head and body stuck)…. So I ran into her room to see what she had got her head stuck in between this time. When I found her I couldn’t help but crack up laughing. Daisy had been climbing all over her car seat and I guess somehow got turned upside down. She couldn’t move nor could she mess with gravity. Oh the poor little girl. I didn’t help her either because I really wanted to see how she would get herself out of this mess. Ha ha…






On Saturday Caleb and I thought it would be fun to invite a few friends over for a BBQ and a movie. So we called everyone up and told them to bring their own meat and anything else they want to share with the group. Caleb called up his brother to borrow a projector, and then talked to his parents about their surround sound, as we went and picked up some white sheets from Wal-Mart for our screen. The night turned out great! We ate lots and lots of food along with ice cream and homemade popcorn. When it started to get dark around 9:30pm we set up The Italian Job and got comfortable…









… for all of 15 minutes into the movie when it started to sprinkle!! (Leave it to wonderful UTARD weather to ruin our evening). So, packed up and moved everything inside, figuring with our luck it would pour of we stayed outside. Darn!! Huh!?






Anyway, The night was still a blast and we even got to play Wii on the big screen after our movie and then after church the next day watch more movies and play Guitar Hero!!

Jamie and Tyler stayed with us Saturday night and left Sunday after Church. I was so sad to see Jamie leave. Even when we were outside saying our good-byes it was pouring down rain! It was just like the movies!! Such a sad ending!! But, no worries Jamie promises she will get a Blog when she moves it! Then you can all meet my 'buddy'!! Yay!!

* We will miss you Tyler, Jamie and Addie!! We love you guys!! Come back and visit soon!!

3 comments:

Andrea Marie said...

Fun!! I wish I was closer so we could come play! Sorry about Jamie moving away, that's so sad!

Tiffany said...

Movies outside, how fun! I am so glad that you are a blogger and I can catch up more often on you guys.

Liz Prisbrey said...

What a great idea!! You guys are such awesome hosts! I love love love to stay at DIANE & CALEB'S!! I guess I shouldn't voice that too much. Then everyone else will start coming out of the woodworks to take our RESERVED basement! :0)